Case Study - Management Training & Consulting
Australian Training Institute (ATI) - Crestcom Franchise
The Cause: To enhance leadership and management skills through a standardized system of intensive competency training specifically aimed at senior management in Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
The Goal: To further develop a franchise company of Crestcom International in Australia and the Asian region – aiming to elevate corporate standards of performance and achievement at the business executive level through the implementation of a systemized accredited training and consultation program.
The Role: Business Development Manager, Marketing and Administration Manager.
- Established the world’s first formally recognized competency based Crestcom International Franchise(out of 36 countries) in Melbourne, Australia;
- Developed and packaged a world’s best practice Australian-accredited, two-year “Competency Training Program” (Diploma of Business Management) based on the utilization ofexperiential training techniques;
- Obtained certification and input from theOffice of Training and Further Education and the Business Service Industry Training Accreditation Board;
- Trained up highly skilled Business FacilitatorsandConsultants;
- Produced an official ATI newsletter, Attitude, which was endorsed by the then Minister for Small Business;
- Forged a joint venture alliancewith theAustralian Chamber of Manufacturers (ACM) – its commercial branch secured the services of ATI to meet the growing demand for first class management consulting and training in the manufacturing sector;
- Serviced key companies and learning institutions – training their trainers in ‘avant-garde’ skills and methodologies.
The Bottom Line: The most notable aspect of ATI’s training and consulting operations was the outstanding contribution the organization made to the business management education sector within Australia.
It took only 3 years to fine-tune an innovative program that impacted significantly on the national SME landscape and on the academic formation of a wide range of trainee corporate executives from prestigious ‘blue ribbon’ companies, such as:
- Monash University
- Victoria University
- Air Liquide
- Schiavello Commercial Interiors
- Linatex Mining
- Blockbuster Vide
- Westfield Centre Management
- Sun Alliance
Significant international clients included:
- Ford Credit
- Peat Marwick
- Coca Cola
- Lloyds Bank
- Radisson Hotel